- Department of Physiology at AIIMS Bhopal was established in August 2012 under the guidance of Professor & HOD Dr. Sudhanshu Mishra and First Director- Dr Sandip Kumar.
- PG course - MD in Physiology was started in 2016
- Dept is having well-equipped Laboratories, Demo rooms, Well qualified Faculty, technical staff for high standard of Innovative methods of teaching and evaluation.
- Dept has developed well-structured curriculum with standard assessment methods
- For last 6 years of I MBBS university exams success rate is above 90%
- PG curriculum and research labs are well-equipped with all the latest instruments in adequate number.
- Department guides and encourages the UG students for participation in various national and International level quiz competition in Physiology Quiz. Our students had secured top positions in various Physiology Quiz Competitions held all over the country & abroad.
- The faculty of physiology department encourages, facilitates and helps UG students to undertake research study as part of ICMR STS program
- Our vision is to develop
1) Cardio-vascular function laboratory to study and evaluate the status of central blood vessels like aorta & its haemodynamic parameters for risk assessment in CV disorders.
2) Exercise and Sports physiology Laboratories.
3) Cellular & Molecular Physiology Laboratory including Patch-clamp technology.
4) Sleep and Chronobiology lab
- Extending the services of Clinical Physiology laboratories to the Hospital side for diagnostic NCV and EMG, Autonomic function laboratory and vascular function testing lab.
- Department is involved in neurophysiology research activity related with PG thesis dissertation and various other intramural projects.
- Organized CMEs and Workshops in Neurophysiology
- Organized First National Undergraduate Physiology Quiz competition on 30th March 2019
- Conducted CME on “Intraoperative Neurophysiology: Principles & Practices” on 15th November 2018
- Organized guest Lecture of scientist Dr Manjunatha S from Mayo Clinic USA, on Exercise & Mitochondrial physiology for UG and faculty on 2nd Feb 2019.
- Extensive yoga workshop and lecture on Psychophysiology of yoga by Shri Virendra Harit, Centre Indo Lillois De Yoga, France on 24th April 2019