The mission of the department is to:
- Improve learning and education of pharmacology in order to develop a medical graduate who is competent to prescribe safely and effectively.
- To enhance and encourage basic and clinical research (including interdisciplinary research collaborations) in areas relevant to the rational use of medicines.
- To provide professional services to the community through therapeutic drug monitoring, Pharmacovigilance, encouraging rational prescribing and providing drug information services.
Adverse Drug Reaction Monitoring Centre (AMC) run by the Department of Pharmacology AIIMS Bhopal has now been recognized as a Regional Training Center for the states of Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh under the Pharmacovigilance Programme of India (PvPI). The centre has till date reported more than 2000 Adverse Drug Event reports to the National Coordinating Center of PvPI, and has also received a letter of appreciation from the Indian Pharmacopeia Commission (IPC) Ghaziabad for excellence in reporting.
- Advanced Center for Clinical Pharmacology for Antibiotic Stewardship and Pharmacovigilance
Department of Pharmacology, AIIMS Bhopal has been approved as an Advanced Center for Clinical Pharmacology for Antibiotic Stewardship and Pharmacovigilance by ICMR.
- ICMR Center for Rational use of Medicines
Department of Pharmacology, AIIMS Bhopal has been approved as a Center for Rational use of Medicines by ICMR.
- EducationUndergraduate education
All academic staff members share a commitment to top-quality teaching which emphasizes general principles of pharmacology and clinical therapeutics and integrate into it the latest findings of modern research. Our Academic goals are:
• To train undergraduates in the discipline of pharmacology and clinical pharmacology.
• To mentor the next generation of researchers enrolled in postgraduate research programs in Pharmacology.
• To foster independent research by the academic staff.
These will be realized through interactive lectures, practical, group discussions, student seminars, tutorials and integrated teaching sessions with other disciplines. The students are expected to engage in academic activities, such as studying the scientific literature with the goal of integrating new findings into their own research questions, and attending lectures, seminars, journal clubs and scientific discussions in order to keep abreast of the most recent scientific developments. This will foster students’ professional development, establishing a scientific method of learning that will persist throughout their careers.
• B.Sc. Nursing
• M.D. (Pharmacology)