- The department became functional in the month of April year 2013, when it started catering to OPD patients. The basic pathology investigations were initiated after appropriate standardization procedures.
- At present the Department of Pathology and Lab Medicine has 8 faculty members, 8 Senior Residents, 9 MD students and 1 JRF .
- At present, we have a 7 part, 5 part and a 3 part hematology cell counters. We have fully Automated Histopathology Lab.
- Routine and special diagnostic services in Hematology, Clinical Pathology, Cytology and Histopathology are being offered currently.
- The emphasis of the department is on ensuring and maintaining the quality of services including turn-around-time.
- An exhaustive under-graduate curriculum has been designed for MBBS students. The principles of andragogy and innovative teaching methods are employed for Pathology education, which includes integrated teaching, case based and problem based learning, hands on practical and Clinical laboratory rotations with OSPE based assessment and tutorials besides didactic lectures. Special emphasis is placed on integrated teaching and problem based learning to help students develop clinical acumen.
- To develop research acumen in students, the students are encouraged to participate in programs such as Short-Term Studentship (STS) projects of ICMR, International Summer school oncology in The Netherlands and Austria, International Winter School Oncology AIIMS Bhopal and ICMR – IIT Kharagpur MedTech internship scheme etc. The senior and junior faculty is always mentoring
- International School of Oncology is organized by our Department wherein medical students from all over India and abroad participate.