- Department of Paediatrics has six full time faculty members, one faculty Dr. Bhupeshwari is posted in TEM, Paediatrics and one faculty Dr. Chetan Khare is contractual AP, Neonatology is posted under Paediatric Medicine; 12 senior residents and 12 post graduate residents.
- The department provides ambulatory general OPD, 24 hours emergency and in-patient care with facility for dedicated paediatric and neonatal intensive care unit
- The department runs sub-specialty clinic such as Paediatric haematology and oncology, Paediatric nephrology & hypertension, Paediatric cardiology, Paediatric endocrinology, bed-wetting clinic, genetics, Paediatric rheumatology
- The department has established Regional Center of Excellence For Nutritional Rehabilitation resource and Training, under which a SMART (Severe Acute Malnutrition Advanced Referral and Treatment) Unit is functional as a tertiary care referral centre for children with SAM from across the state. The centre conducts various training programmes for all cadres of health care personnel for the entire state and is also carrying out various research projects funded through various extramural agencies.
- The department has collaborated with Division of Paediatric Nephrology, McGill university health centre (MUHC)(supporting centre) under the auspices of International Society of Nephrology (ISN) Sister Renal Center (SRC) for mutual exchange of knowledge through monthly tele-nephrology conference case discussions and faculty exchange programmes. The supporting centre will help the department to expand paediatric nephrology services and starting training programmes.
- The department is in the process of establishing centre of excellence for Facilities for newborn screening for common metabolic disorders and hemoglobinopathies.
- The department has been identified as a training centre for Emergency Triage Assessment & Treatment (ETAT), Indian academy of paediatrics (IAP) CPR centre, F-SAM, IYCF training, F-IMNCI, ALS and neonatal resuscitation programme. The department is also organizing seminars, workshop, conferences for postgraduates, IAP members and other health care providers.
- The department is regularly conducting awareness programmes to celebrate various national days/weeks such as ORS, Breastfeeding, world kidney day, world diabetes day, world cancer day etc.