Primary Rate Interface (PRI) line
● A PRI Line is only one line physically terminating on the nearest telephone PBX which is available in ground
floor AIIMS college Building exchange and can receive/send 30 calls simultaneously.
● A PRI line is end to end digital
circuit.A PRI (Primary Rate Interface) line is a form of ISDN (Integrated Services Digital Network) line which is a
telecommunication standard that enables traditional phone lines to carry voice, data and video traffic, among others.
● It uses multiplexing/de-multiplexing techniques to carry more than one channel in a single circuit. There are two common forms of PRI lines – E1 (which carry 30 channels in the two pairs of copper lines, common in Europe, India) and T1 (which carry 23/24 channels in the two pairs of copper lines, common in United States).
● Each channel in a PRI line provides 64 Kbps for data transmission.
● A PRI line can connect to both Analog/Mixed EPABX systems and also the newer IP PBX systems.
A PRI Card / Interface might be required to terminate the PRI circuit on the PBX.
● Symmetrical high-speed digital subscriber line (SHDSL) is a form of symmetric digital subscriber line (SDSL),
a data communications technology for equal transmit and receive (i.e. symmetric) data rate over copper telephone lines, faster than a conventional voiceband modem can provide.
● E1 to E1 application is being used to solve the signal and packet loss issues which effect on voice-based Tele-Health consultation services due to distance measures from Ground Floor Exchange to 2nd Floor, Tele-Health Call Centre Location. Used as an application to convert and to broaden the digital signal, when the digital signal E1 G.703/G.704 conversion is needed and help in transmission at the high distance.
● An IP PBX system consists of one or more SIP phones / VoIP phones, an IP PBX server and optionally includes a VoIP Gateway. The IP PBX server is similar to a proxy server: SIP clients, being either soft phones or hardware based phones,
register with the IP PBX server, and when they wish to make a call they ask the IP PBX to establish the connection.
● The IP PBX has a directory of all phones/users and their corresponding SIP address and thus is able to connect an internal
call or route an external call via either a VoIP gateway or a VoIP service provider to the desired destination.
Tele-Health Call Centre Application
● The Tele-health call center in AIIMS Bhopal has been established with 30 channels PRI line where calls are routed through a toll-free number and the
asterisk based application provides specialized telephony switching systems called “Automatic Call Distributors” which is used for queuing and route inbound calls to paramedic’s staff.
● A small application developed on .PHP integrated with open source application which works as a handler for the end users. Other tools include desktop integration, IVRS, call recording, productivity monitoring utilities, workforce application and various methods of historical and near real-time reporting are integrated on IPPBX.
Integration of SMS gateway is used to send SMS to the callers which contain a live link of e-prescription for advice, treatment, and consultations.
● MySQL is an open-source relational database management system (RDBMS).
MySQL is the database of choice for several different web programming languages including PHP, Ruby on Rails, and Python.
These programming languages make is extremely easy to connect to a MySQL database.
● Databases can be difficult to manage using just individual SQL statements. It is much easier to manage a database using a graphical user interface (GUI).
Used, phpMyAdmin for managing a MySQL database. It is a web-based application that makes it easy to manage your MySQL database. phpMyAdmin allows you to add, remove and manage databases, tables, and entries; backup the database, run specific SQL queries, search and import record, and much more.
A SMS gateway allows a computer to send or receive Short Message Service (SMS) transmissions to or from a telecommunications network.
API integration has been done in relational databases system with the call center application which is used to trigger the manual transactional SMS to the
end user’s for the advice and informational purpose.
● A VoIP phone or IP phone uses voice over IP technologies for placing and transmitting telephone calls over an IP network.The components of a VoIP telephone consist of the hardware and software components.
The software requires standard networking components such as a TCP/IP network stack, client implementation for DHCP, and the Domain Name System (DNS). In addition, a VoIP signaling protocol stack, such as for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP), H.323, Skinny Call Control Protocol (Cisco), and Skype, is needed.
● For media streams, the Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) is used in most VoIP systems.
For voice and media encoding, a variety of coders are available, such as for audio:
G.711, GSM, iLBC, Speex, G.729, G.722, G.722.2 (AMR-WB), other audio codecs, and for video H.263, H.263+, H.264.
User interface software controls the operation of the hardware components, and may respond to user actions with messages to a display screen.
Two-Tier Network Architecture (Topology)
● The telehealth voice-based community outreach platform consecutively based on the commercial ISDN PRI network.
The system is comprised of TWO-Tier architecture system with 20 nodes approx.
where 1st tier is consisting of 5 no. of telehealth executives (THEs) consisting nurses, paramedics and Junior Residents will be the first respondents.
● The 2nd Tier is been answered by MS/MD or Super Specialist doctors from the different department and comprises of including family physicians, gynecologist, pediatrics, surgeons and another specialist will be available on call basis after executing the call transfer/conference from 1st Tier To 2nd Tier.
● 2nd Tier of 15 nodes will be constituted to implement the integration and supported by a scalable open source platform with several intelligence functions including call record manager (CRM), management information system(MIS), computer telephony integration(CTI) and SMS gateway Integration